A SERMON OUTLINE.
"WHY WE DON'T EVER GIVE UP"
By Evangelist Diana Gray
Copyright (c) 1999 All Rights Reserved
I. THE PURPOSE & THE REASONS WHY WE
DON'T EVER GIVE UP.
3:12-15 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect:
follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended
Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing
those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things
are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling
of God in
Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded:
and if in any
ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
Heavenly Father we pray for Godly wisdom in the revelation of Your
Also we pray for the Holy Spirit to anoint us with His sweet presence.
open up our minds and help us to spiritually grow. We give you the
in Jesus name Amen.
No matter what happens in our lives, we keep striving toward the
prize of Heaven
through Jesus Christ.
1. Striving to move toward Heaven in our daily lives
2. Striving always through our Savior Jesus Christ
We strive to achieve our Christian best and be as perfect and righteous
as we can.
1. Be the best that God desires us to be.
2. Be the best so that we can lead others to Heaven too.
We persevere through our persistence!
1. We don't ever let ourselves get tired of doing what is right in
the sight of God.
2. We pray all the time, daily asking the Lord's help in being kind
3. We simply can't quit and give up no matter what the trials and
a. Hold onto their faith no matter what.
b. Lean upon the Lord for their strength.
1. Recognize that we are unable in and of ourselves to have
2. Recognize that only spiritual power and growth comes from
We put on the full armor of God in Ephesians 6:14-17
1. The belt of truth!
a. God's truth in His Word the Bible
b. Walking in honesty and truth no matter what happens.
2. The breastplate of righteousness!
a. God's approval because of His great love for us.
b. Approval through His Son Jesus Christ to die for us.
c. We have goodness through righteousness.
1. In our emotions.
2. In our self worth.
3. In our trusting the Lord.
3. Having your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace!
a. The Lord gives us the motivation and drive to spread the Gospel.
b. We should make sure we are always ready to tell people about Jesus.
c. Denying ourselves to walk in Satan's negatives and only God's
4. The shield of faith!
a. God helps us see all circumstances and people through the "Eyes
1. Through Satan's temptations.
2. Through Satan's lies and verbal abuses from people.
3. Through Satan's sicknesses and troubles.
b. God helps us to look beyond this life and the eventual victory
1. Victory over Satan.
2. Victory over our hurts and sorrows.
3. Victory over all the events that happen around us as temporary
5. The helmet of salvation!
a. We are protected from serious doubts, when we remember to put
the it on.
b. When we put it on, we have confidence in our salvation through
6. The sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God!
a. Reading and studying the Bible. (Eat the Word like you're starving
b. Trusting in the truth and righteousness of God's Word.
c. Using the Bible verses and stories to live our life's with.
1. This is a war against Satan because we are no longer on his side.
2. We use the armor to fight Satan back with.
3. We will still be standing when Satan is finally defeated by Jesus.
II. A GOOD PLAN OF ACTION WILL
ENCOURAGE US NOT GIVE UP. (I press toward the mark for the prize of the
high calling of God in Christ Jesus.)
Eph. 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit.
1. Pray without ceasing. (You mind and thoughts always upon the Lord
2. Pray in the Spirit. (Your spirit communes through the Holy Spirit
to the Lord.)
a. With our minds and hearts in quick brief prayer for everything.
b. Asking for forgiveness when we do something wrong. (Admitting
c. Make your life so full of things of God that you don't have room
else. (Godly videos, television shows, Christian radio and music. Bible
d. Make your life a solid, Christian witness. (If you are a book
read, what kind of book will they see?)
Eph. 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open
mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel! (SPEAK THE WORD)
1. We need to put into "practice" the whole armor of God.
a. A musician must practice everyday to get good a playing
b. An athlete must practice his muscles to be strong and able
to win the race.
2. Start opening up your mouth to tell people about Jesus.
3. Be spiritually strong walking with courage and not in fear.
a. Fear comes from Satan.
b. God tells us to be over comers by His Word.
1. Denial of anything that is sinful or harmful to the body.
2. Denial of anything that is sinful or harmful to the spirit.
Discipline and train yourself in the Word of God.
1. Discipline yourself to pray.
2. Discipline yourself to study God's Word.
3. Discipline yourself to act and walk as a righteous and Godly person.
a. Think before you talk and ask yourself, would Jesus say that?
b. Think before your actions and ask yourself, would Jesus approve
c. Think before you let your feelings and emotions move you into
III. THE REASON WHY, WE DON'T EVER GIVE
UP! (I press toward the mark for
the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.)
A. Heaven is
1. God loves us and wants us there.
2. We will rule with Jesus and glory in His presence.
3. The wonderful angels are there for us to finally see and be with.
4. Satan, demons and all evil will be gone out of our lives
B. We don't ever
give up striving to help our family and friends to join us there.
1. We will feel only pure love from them.
2. They will finally be the kind of family that we have always desired
them to be.
C. W will reap everlasting
life for all eternity in Heaven.
LET'S PRAY! Thanking the Father for revealing
His Word to our hearts in understanding.
PLEASE NOTE: These Bible Studies may be printed out and used for "personal
use only." They are "not" for profit in commercial or public publication.
All Copyrights are reserved. Please don't take them for other
web sites. This ministry retains the exscluive use of them.
If you desire to publish the mateial, please "ask for permission" by contacting
this writer by e-mail address. Permission to use these "bible study's"
for individual Church group bible study "is granted as long as you
"acknowledge the authorship"and do not sell, donate or distrubute. "WE
DO ASK THAT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE AUTHORSHIP OF THIS WRITER "DIANA GRAY MINISTRIES."
MAY THEY BE A BLESSING AND ENCOURAGE YOU INTO A DEEPER SPIRITUAL GROWTH.